This has been where I’ve spent most of my time. Starting small, and trying to see the impact on just one area.
Previously, this was fully of weeds of all kinds and most bare clay! I’ve thrown lots of soil on top of this, and started off some things growing; there’s a lavender there, a tomato plant under a Dr Pepper bottle (an experiment), some pansies waiting to be buried, and a few other things which I’ve immediately forgotten.
Hopefully, one of the purposes of this blog will be for me to keep track of what I’m growing, and where!
This system of laying out the seed packets and then taking a photo of them isn’t the wisest. I’m assuming that the last three are marigolds and the three before that are nasturtium, but who knows. The two columns in the middle could be anything.
I made quite the effort to just get one seed in each pot to begin with. However, I got bored of that rather quickly and just started dashing them into thumble-sized holes.
These are going to live in my conservatory for the next few weeks. The conservatory gets rather warm during the day, but almost as cold as outside during the night. So, I’m not entirely sure they’ll survive a late March cold snap, but we’ll see.